The theme of the current national administration is "Moving Forward in Service to America." The Rhode Island Independence Chapter, NSDAR is a small one, but we try to participate in as many events as possible. Being a small chapter has its advantages — we get to know every member well and have a great time socially! We meet in all parts of the state: Providence, East Providence, Warwick, and Greenville, just to name a few places, and we have had some very interesting speakers. We take part in many service projects for the community, including supporting the Junior ROTC in Cranston and the ROTC at Providence College. Prospective members are always welcomed. Please feel free to contact us and come along for a meeting; we would love to get to know you! Most of our meetings are the first Saturday of the month. If you would like to attend, please email Regent Amanda Lazarus.
NSDAR Motto: God, Home, and Country
The Rhode Island Independence Chapter hosts their meetings and events as well as joining in events hosted by Rhode Island State Society DAR and the other seven chapters in Rhode Island.
Some of our annual events include:
- Presidents Day breakfast and presentation of American History Essay Contest winners
- Spring State Meeting
- Rhode Island Independence Day Celebration & chapter annual meeting
- Memorial Day service at Veterans Cemetery
- Annual Flag Day luncheon with SAR
- Continental Congress in Washington, D.C. in June
- Fourth of July parades and wreath layings
- Annual Cathedral of the Pines Memorial Service in New Hampshire
- Constitution Week in September
- Fall State Meeting
- Veterans Day service at the North Burial Ground and the Veterans Cemetery